Well well it has been a long time since I made a post. Last post was made December 6th apparently. A few reason for this, but basically there was a period of time where slight burnout hit, and I wasn't playing much. Besides that, I just am finding it hard to come up with anything interesting to write about! Lately, I have been told by different people I should update this, and well here you have me.
One note before moving on with the rest of the post, the Great Spectre is back pew pew-ing and blogging about it...hes back all with even his pink slippers!!! So if you havn't checked out the blog of the self proclaimed EVE pirate and Eve blogger, I suggest you head on over to: EVE Newb
A tale of ownage!
I wish that on my return to blogging I could entertain y'all with amazing stories of me taking down cruisers in newbie ships...or even another well fit frigate. I am afraid I have to dissapoint y'all. I have been having TERRIBLE luck lately. Just this week alone I have lost 4 ships: 2x Punishers, 1x Taranis, and 1x Vexor.
After these fights, I have reached one conclusion...I HATE rifters. I went head on againts Gaeux Tiger (who recently came back as well and is blogging too!!!), and after a prolonged fight, my punisher went the way of the dodo.
Then when I took out my taranis, I was engaged at a hate by a rifter. Point blank range I figure I could kill him as I could shut down his MWD (if he had one) and web him. It all started well, until he was faster than me by about 10m/s and was able to get out of range of my blasters....soon after my interceptor joined my amarr frigate in heaven (or hell...). Taught me a valuable lesson thou...never leave home without Null ammo!!!!
As far as the vexor loss, I was chasing a punisher through belts. I arrived at the latest point to find only two rats. As I worked on narrowing down his next position, a pilgrim uncloaked. Immidiately I hit the warp button, already aligned like a good pvper, but failed to see my ship get away. A look at my overview showed my worst fears confirmed, one of the RARE times that a belt rat scrambles me...It gave the pilgrim enough time to lock me and go to work, needless to say I didn't last long.
Finally, the 2nd punisher kill happened last night. As I went out roaming with a slightly altered fit than the first time, I fount a fight vs another punisher (one using projectile weapons as a matter of fact). As we engaged, the fight went on for a good 4 minutes or so. My skills coming out on top, I saw his armor drop steadily as mine held quiet confidently. Then, just as he was entering 25% armor...in come his two buddies in a rifter and a thrasher. My armor tank started to fall behind the damage, and sooner rather than later it was turned into space dust. I have to admit that this loss annoyed me quiet a bit. The fact that we were fighting for a few minutes BEFORE they came in, and that it was only when his tank was finally failing leads me to two conclusions: 1. They were a few systems away and it was a coincidence they got there when they did, or 2. He saw his tank failing, and rather than losing his ship decided to ruin the good fight to save his ship.
I know it wasn't an arranged 1v1, so I cannot expect his friends to stay out of it, and since this kind of stuff happens all the time I guess I should move on. However, at least for my part, in a fight as even as it was (punisher vs punisher), after a while of each other trying to get the best of the other person, I would much rather LOSE my ship than ruin it by bringing friends for what...5 million ISK?
When Tiger's rifter beat my punisher, a corpmate Ronan heading into the system we were in and asked where so he could help. Had I told him he would have gotten there in time to save me, but why ruin such a good and even engagement? I told him over comms that it was ok, would rather lose the ship.
To each their own I guess, but it was needless to say dissapointing.
Other than these happenings, I don't think I can think of much of anything that was out of the norm worth writing about. Hopefully more exciting stuff will come around soon and I can keep writing, but I do not want to promise anything and then leave you all wondering why I didn't post anything for months again.
I AM getting a brand new toy tonight thou...will hopefully survive for a LONG while (since it is quiet expensive) and give me some tales to write about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
About time your butt got back to blogging. Guess I'll put ya back on my list then :P
And thanks for the linkage/props. I had a blast fighting ya as always.
Hurray, you posted. I know that losing-a-Taranis-to-a-Rifter feeling all too well. It sucks :(
Post a Comment